Tuesday 29 November 2011

Home Sweet Home.......

I'm absolutely loving our new front door mat......




It makes my heart sing when I arrive home and see this delightfully pretty sight.

I have quite a "love/hate" relationship with our home.....I absolutely L O V E how our home WILL be.....onnnne day.....but I HATE that we have lived here for almost 10 years now, and still nothing is finished, and still most of the rooms are in a very sorry state.

But last weekend I purchased this most homely of homely door mats......and I totally rejigged the layout of our lounge (and tidied as I went) .....and what a success it was.....we all LOVE it, and it feels so much more cosier for the winter months......most definitely not a layout for summer!

I also totally cleared the whole length of our kitchen worktop and tidied the windowsill .....what a difference......hope it can stay that way....ha ha......just got the big central island to tackle now in the kitchen.

Just these few little things done, and I'm falling in LOVE with our home again......a little bit of Home Loving, so I can Love My Home....it really has made the world of difference to how I feel......I wasn't wanting to be in the lounge at all, and now here I am, in the middle of the day cosied up with the fire on (not that I like this old gas fire.....it will be replaced onnne day....but it does give a warming glow) typing my blog......


It's such a dark, blustery day today.....just perfect for cosying up in our new cosy rejigged lounge recording some of my current loves....and.....

Loving My
Home Sweet Home

-xx-



1 comment:

  1. Ooooohhhhhh that is a lovely sight to greet you on your return home! I love how a little purchase can make such a difference to your day or how you feel about your home. I feel the same too, I hate that by the time you have finished decorating the final room in a house, the first one you started looks really shabby!

    It's nice to be able to make a room cosy though and one that you WANT to be in. I have lots of tealights and fairy lights on at the moment to combat the grey and make things seem snug. It makes a grey day bearable!

    xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete