Friday 2 September 2011

Bit o' this, bit o' that.......

I was up a little earlier than usual today, and decided to go straight outside for a spot of gardening.......quite unheard of for me actually......but it was sooo lovely.....peaceful and quiet......the sun shining again after a few less than summery days......and the morning was starting to warm up with the promise of a balmy summer afternoon......I really must make the effort to do this again! I was weeding......trimming spent lavender flowers...... saving baby plants to make more plants for next year......when I noticed the leaves of my already trimmed Alchemilla mollis (Lady's Mantle)......their serrated, slightly frilly edges still covered in delightful little dewdrops......






Lunchtime came round before I knew it, and I glanced up to see not a cloud in the sky.......how wonderfully glorious.....and then I spotted our apple tree.....laden with ripening...rosy...red...apples......set against a brilliant blue sky.....




If only all of summer could have been like this......if only all of autumn could be like this......a long...lazy...Indian summer.....to enjoy time outdoors without the fierce heat of mid-summer (if only).......to tidy the garden ready for winter..... to spend time with my Little Angels outdoors before we are rather reluctant to venture outside....to just mooch around....it's ok to indulge in wishful thinking .....I'm allowed to dream.....really I am!

When I'm not wishful thinking or dreaming, I like to to catch a few minutes each day to enjoy my mags, and yesterday I managed to grab 10 minutes to glance through my new copy of Mollie Makes......but not without some gentle foot putting down..... or not so quite gentle. You see, Big Miss and Little Lad also to paw over MY Mollie Makes......ooohing and ahhhing......deciding.....planning....making mental notes of what they want to make........which I actually think is really rather lovely......but it is MY mag, and I should have first dibs on ooohing and ahhhing over it......I don't think that's too much to ask.....is it?

So today, I caught Little Lad snatching MY mag and hot-footing it down the garden before coming to rest on the deck chair......then basking in that glorious sunshine and gentle afternoon breeze.......ooohing and ahhhing......planning......and deciding........



I really do think it's wonderful that my Angels are interested in, and really enjoy making, crafting, and creating handmade. I think it's brilliant that they want to do things that don't involve the TV or electronic/computer games all the time...... that they like to use their imaginations.

From the very first issue of MM, Little Lad.....with a little bit of help.....made this cute little creature......




He is supposed to be a chihuahua, but we didn't have any brown felt, only red .......so he looks rather like a foxy fox, don't you think?

All my Angels are very creative in their own unique and special ways, and I secretly  that they enjoy and like, what I enjoy and like.....like pawing over MY Mollie Makes mags.

Lastly today.......I usually turn my little calendar over each morning, but as I rushed straight out to do some gardening, it totally slipped my mind to do so. But as I stood preparing dinner, I realised today's page needed to be turned....... I am so glad I did because I ♥ this little saying......




......and I try to make our house a home with love and dreams.

-xx-

No comments:

Post a Comment