Wednesday 14 September 2011

Tidy up time.....

Yesterday was the first full day I've had at home since the Angels went back to school .....so it was time to start tidying....BIG time.....after everyone being home all holiday......tidying...hoovering...cleaning...and putting away......was the order of the day. I do so the feeling of getting everything all spic and span, and ship shape again, after the chaos of the holidays.


I really get the urge for this sort of spring cleaning.....well, at the start of spring ......but also now, on the cusp of autumn. It's time to wash, clean, hoover, and put away all the summery things......the light, floaty curtains, the light and bright coloured cushions, and the light cotton floor rugs.....and bring out the heavier, thicker curtains, cosier cushions, warm, thick floor rugs, fairy lights, candles, and cuddly, snuggly throws. It's so nice and comforting to ring the changes and welcome in each of the seasons.....well, the warm season, and the cold season. And having a quick scoot round my favs in blogland today, it seems I'm not the only one who feels like this, at this time of year.



However, I always try to hold onto summer for just as long as I possibly can..... and this year, the weather can't quite seem to decide on whether to give us a little extended Indian summer, or throw us headlong into autumn. When the weather turns colder and gets all blustery as it is has been, I really start to look forward to the cosying up, and hunkering down, but I still can't quite let go of the idea and hope of some more balmy Indian summer afternoons......it's such a bittersweet time for me.


So for now, I'm just sticking with the tidying and hoovering, in the hope that the weather will let us stretch the summer out just a little bit longer.....the curtains, cushions and throws can wait......hopefully......until the beginning of October.....




Although, if it stays as chilly as it is today, I might have to succumb and bring those throws out sooner!

-xx-





No comments:

Post a Comment